Consisting of an amalgamation of three farms, Komsberg (Socotra Private Limited) is situated in the most south-eastern corner of Namibia bordering the Orange River that separates the countries of Namibia and South Africa.
This pioneering enterprise in the “Valley with Mountains” produces premium table grapes and soft citrus for the international export market.
- The consolidated farms have a total area measuring 23,015 hectares
- 53 kilometers of river frontage
- Sufficient water to irrigate 1,400 hectares of mixed crops
- 300 days of sunshine annually
- Favourable weather conditions allow for grape harvest three to five weeks earlier than regional competitors
- 180 hectares of grape vines of different varieties
- 96 hectares of citrus recently planted
- 140 hectares of land prepared for future expansion
- 260,000 cartons of grapes produced annually (with the ability to increase to 800,000).
Head Of Business
Jacques Clift (General Manager)Born and educated in South Africa, Jacques joined Komsberg in 2018 after a string of successful farming experiences in South Africa, specializing in grape and citrus operations.
Jacques hard work and over 20 years of know-how were instrumental in winning the ORPA Best Export Grape Unit in 2013.
Contact Konsberg Farms
Socotra Islands Investments (Pty) Ltd,
PO Box: 64
Telephone: +264 811 457545